CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 5, 2009

2008 Survey

I'm stealing this from my friend, Jayme's BLOG. I thought it was a neat way to look back at the year, so I hope she doesn't mind! Oh, and I have no idea why there is no number 19, but it's not on hers, either!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? Applied for a passport!
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make resolutions, at least not "real" resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Lots of them! My cousin, Sara, and my friend Jayme (who I stole this list from) among them, as well as a million of my MOPS friends.
4. Did anyone close to you die? My cousin, Rich.
5. What places did you visit? Disney World, Germany and New Jersey/NYC
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More money and a job for Kevin that moves us back to Texas (not that I don't like it here, but we miss our family).
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? I'm HORRIBLE with dates! I'm not sure that any specific date will!
8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? Surviving Disney World with 3 young kids! ;-)
9. What was your biggest failure? housekeeping
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Other than stupidly falling down the stairs (again) and slipping on the ice/snow (again), no.
11. What was the best thing you bought? For myself? Hmmm...my new vacuum, maybe?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? John McCain, for being so gracious in his defeat.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Ninety percent of Hollywood.
14. Where did most of your money go? Wal-Mart! Seriously, to our mortgage.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? All of our vacations. I've never really had the opportunity to travel, so having 3 big trips so close to each other was exciting!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Britney Spears' Womanizer. It seems to be on all the time!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? About the same. b) thinner or fatter? Thinner by a few pounds. Luckily, even though I fell off the weight-loss wagon several months ago, none of it came back. c) richer or poorer? I would say about the same.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Played with my kids.
20. How did you spend Christmas last year? With our family in Texas.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? I fall more in love with my husband and my kids every day!
22. How many one-night stands? Oh, dozens! You know me!
23. What was your favorite TV program? Heroes, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory
24. What did you do for your birthday in 2008? My in-laws were here, so the girls and my MIL made cupcakes, then Kevin and I went out to dinner and a movie.
25. What was the best book you read? This is a hard one since I read so much! I really loved Nicholas Sparks newest book.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? I don't listen to much new music.
27. What did you want and get? An eliptical machine.
28. What did you want and not get? A bigger house.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Mamma Mia!
30. Did you make some new friends this year? Yes! All of the wonderful ladies from my church newcomer's group!
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Being near my sisters, my best friend and my SIL.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Comfort. 100%
33. What kept you sane? Lots of drinking. Just kidding! Reading, having time to myself, even if it was just walking around the bookstore and drinking coffee from Starbucks for an hour or so!
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I have little crushes on lots of celebrities. One of my current favorites is Neil Patrick Harris. I know he's gay, but he's hilarious and so cute! I see him and almost can't believe that it's Doogie!
35. What political issue stirred you the most? The election.
36. Who did you miss? My mom and dad.
37. Who was the best new person you met? Nick. Kate, he's definitely a keeper!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today. I don't always follow that, but procrastination is my biggest weakness!

1 comment:

Giselle said...

This was fun to read...I love How I Met Your Mother. I think this has been its best season yet. And Neil Patrick Harris was one of the few celebrities that I met while living in SoCal. We attended a play in the basement of a Korean restaurant with our film student friend (weird, I know...obviously before we had kids). There were only about 20 people in the audience, and he was one of them. We stood around afterward and talked in a big group. It's the only time I wished I smoked, because Jeff and I look like big dweebs trying to hang out with this big group of smokers.

Anyhoo...